Nifty REITs & InvITs
Nifty REITs & InvITs index aims to track the performance of REITs and InvITs that are publicly listed and traded (listed and traded or not listed but permitted to trade) at the National Stock Exchange. The weights of the securities within the index are based on their free- float market capitalization subject to a security cap of 33% each and aggregate weight of top 3 securities is capped at 72%.
- The index has a base date of July 01, 2019, with a base value of 1000
- All REITs and InvITs that are publicly listed or traded (listed and permitted to trade) at the National Stock Exchange are eligible for inclusion in the index
- The weight of each security in the index is based on its free float market capitalization
- The index is reconstituted and rebalanced on a quarterly basis
Nifty REITs & InvITs Methodolgy
• To form part of the Nifty REITs & InvITs, stocks should qualify the following eligibility criteria:
• Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) or Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) must be domiciled in India and listed and traded (listed & traded and not listed but permitted to trade) at the National Stock Exchange to be eligible for inclusion in the index
• Only publicly listed securities are eligible for inclusion
• Only securities that have a market lot size of 1 unit are eligble for inclusion
• Securities should have a minimum listing history of 1 month as on the cutoff date
• Securities should have a minimum trading frequency of 60% during the previous 3 months as on the cutoff date
• The weight of each security in the index is based on its free float market capitalization • The index is reconstituted and rebalanced on a quarterly basis
Index Re-Balancing: Index is re-balanced on quarterly basis in March, June, September, and December based on data for 3 months ending February, May, August and November respectively.
Index Governance: A professional team manages all NSE indices. There is a three-tier governance structure comprising the Board of Directors of NSE Indices Limited, the Index Advisory Committee (Equity) and the Index Maintenance Sub-Committee.