Sensex, Nifty Edge Higher; Dalmia Bharat Sugar, UPL, CONCOR Top Gainers
The Sensex and the Nifty edged higher on September 14, tracking gains in global markets. The Sensex was up 52.01 points or 0.08% at 67,519.00, and the Nifty was up 33.10 points or 0.16% at 20,103.10. About 2302 shares advanced, 1243 shares declined, and 145 shares were unchanged.
The top gainers on the Sensex were Dalmia Bharat Sugar (8.5%), UPL (3.9%), CONCOR (3.2%), and IRCTC (1.5%). The top losers were Bajaj Healthcare (1.1%), ONGC (0.8%), and PowerGrid (0.7%).
Dalmia Bharat Sugar shares rose after Dam Capital initiated coverage on sugar stocks, with a ‘buy’ rating on all four. It projected strong growth for the sugar companies on the back of expected higher prices. Decline in production, El-Nino, and ethanol blending are key triggers for the bullish sentiment.
UPL shares traded higher after brokerages revised the rating to “Buy”. Antique Stock Broking has revised its rating on UPL to a Buy due to the stabilising of product price and receding channel inventory. UPL has also seen a correction in stock price by 18 percent since March 2023.
CONCOR shares gained after Jefferies raised the target price to Rs 825 from Rs 775 earlier. This is because the road-to-rail cargo shift is seeing traction due to the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) and Container Corporation of India should start to regain lost market share as its DFC network presence pays off.
Here are some other notable stocks that moved on the day:
- Kirloskar Ferrous shares traded higher after the company said that its resolution plan for corporate debtor Oliver Engineering had been approved by the National Company Law Tribunal, New Delhi Bench.
- Bajaj Healthcare shares gained after the company received an Establishment Inspection Report (EIR) from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its plant in Savli, Vadodara, Gujarat.
- IRCTC shares soared after the company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSTRC) to enable MSRTC’s online bus booking services via IRCTC’s bus booking portal/website.
- NBCC shares were up after the company signed a quadripartite MoU with Ministry Of Steel, RINL & NLMC and receiving order worth Rs 180 crore.
- Bombay Dyeing shares zoomed after the company board approved to sell 22 acres of land parcel situated at Worli, Mumbai.
- Suven Pharma shares surged after the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved a foreign investment of up to Rs 9,589 crore by Cyprus-based Berhyanda Ltd to acquire up to 76.1 percent stake in the company.
- KPI Green Energy shares traded higher after the company commissioned a hybrid power project at Surat.
Overall, the market sentiment was positive on September 14, tracking gains in global markets. Investors were encouraged by the positive news flow from corporate earnings and economic data. However, some concerns remain about the rising inflation and the potential impact on global growth.
- 22 Sep
Technical Analysis Report for Nifty and Three Buy Calls
The Nifty index has been on a strong uptrend in the past three weeks, but it has recently retraced some of those gains. It is now expected to oscillate within the 19,605 to 19,878 range over the next few sessions. Three stocks that look good for buying over the next 2-3 weeks are Havells India, KSB, and Gujarat Ambuja Exports. All three stocks have strong bullish momentum and are trading above their key moving averages.
- 22 Sep
Maruti Suzuki Stock Gains on Bullish Stance from Global Brokerages
Maruti Suzuki stock gains on bullish stance from global brokerages Shares of Maruti Suzuki India surged on Friday after global brokerages Citi and Morgan Stanley maintained bullish stance on the counter. Both brokerages cited the company's improving product mix and attractive valuation as key reasons for their optimism. In addition, Maruti Suzuki reported strong sales performance in August 2023, with total domestic sales jumping 14 percent year-on-year and sale of utility vehicles jumping 118 percent year-on-year. Overall, the bullish stance from global brokerages and the company's strong sales performance are providing a boost to Maruti Suzuki stock.
- 22 Sep
PNB Gilts Hits Upper Circuit on Inclusion of Indian Bonds in JPMorgan Index
Shares of PNB Gilts hit upper circuit on September 22, 2023, following news that India's inclusion in JPMorgan's bond index is seen driving billions of dollars of inflows. The index provider will add Indian bonds to its widely-tracked emerging market index starting June 28, 2024. PNB Gilts is a primary dealer in government securities and other fixed-income instruments. The inclusion of Indian bonds in JPMorgan's index is expected to attract significant foreign inflows, which is likely to benefit PNB Gilts and other primary dealers in government securities.
- 22 Sep
Indian Bond Markets to Remain Stable in Near Term After JPMorgan Inclusion
Indian bond markets are expected to remain stable in the near term after JPMorgan's inclusion of India in its widely tracked emerging market debt index, according to BlackRock's head of Asia Pacific fixed income, Neeraj Seth. Seth expects inflows of around $20 billion to $25 billion into India after the maximum weight threshold is achieved on the GBI-EM index. Given the size of the global government bond market, this is relatively small and is unlikely to have a significant impact on volatility.
- 22 Sep
Indian market drops on September 22 despite inclusion of Indian bonds in JP Morgan index
Indian benchmark indices Sensex and Nifty fell for the fourth consecutive day on September 22, despite the inclusion of Indian bonds in the JP Morgan Government Bond Index-Emerging Markets (GBI-EM) global index suite from June 2024. The market is expected to remain volatile in the near term, with key support at 19,600 for Nifty.